As you know fabric is very important for a garment. So today let’s learn more about fabric.
Fabric information (fabric information generally includes: composition, width, gram weight, function, sanding effect, hand feel, elasticity, pulp cutting edge and color fastness)
(1) Common ingredients include polyester, nylon (brocade), cotton, rayon, recycled fiber, spandex, etc. (Note: except for spandex, other ingredients can be used alone or mixed to form fabrics, such as polyester, cotton, polyester ammonia, nylon, cotton polyester ammonia, etc.)
(2) Fabric differentiation method: ① hand feeling method: touch more and feel more. Generally, the hand feeling of polyester is relatively hard, while that of nylon is relatively soft and a little cold, which is more comfortable to touch. Cotton fabric feels astringent.
② . combustion method: when the polyester is burned, the “smoke is black” and the ash is massive; When brocade burns, “the smoke is white” and the ash is massive; Cotton burns blue Smoke, “ashes pressed into powder by hand”.
(1) . the width is divided into full width and net width. Full width refers to the width from side to side, including needle eye, and net width refers to the net width that can be used.
(2) The width is generally provided by the supplier, and the width of most fabrics can only be adjusted slightly, because it is afraid to affect the style of fabrics. In case of great waste of fabrics, it is necessary to communicate with the supplier to check if it’s adjustable.
3. Gram weight
(1) The gram weight of fabric is generally square meter. For example, the gram weight of 1 square meter of knitted fabric is 200 grams, expressed as 200g / m2. Is a unit of weight.
(2) The heavier the gram weight of conventional brocade and polyester ammonia fabrics, the higher the ammonia content. The ammonia content below 240g is mostly within 10% (90 / 10 or 95 / 5). The ammonia content above 240 is normally 12%-15% (such as 85 / 15, 87 / 13 and 88 / 12). The higher the normal ammonia content, the better the elasticity and the more expensive the price.
4. Function and feel
(1) The distinction between moisture absorption and perspiration and waterproof: drop a few drops of water onto the fabric to see how fast the fabric absorbs water
(2) fast drying, antibacterial, antistatic, anti-aging and so on, according to the requirements of the guests.
(3) hand feel: the same fabric can be adjusted to different feel according to the requirements of guests. (Note: the handfeel of fabric with silicone oil will be particularly soft, but it will not absorb and discharge, and the printing will not be firm. If customer chooses the fabric with silicone oil, it should be explained in advance.)
(1) , no grinding, single-sided grinding, double-sided grinding, roughing, gripping, etc. according to the requirements of customers. Note: once there is grinding, the anti pilling grade will be reduced
(2) Some wool is the wool with the yarn itself, which can be woven out without further sanding. Such as polyester Imitation cotton and brocade Imitation cotton.
6. Slurry trimming: slurry trimming first and then trimming, in order to prevent edge curling and coiling.
7. Elasticity: the elasticity can be determined by yarn count, composition and post-treatment, depending on the actual situation.
8. Color fastness: it depends on the requirements of fabrics, suppliers and customers. The color unit to be printed should be better, and the white spell should be specially emphasized by the purchaser. Simple color fastness test: Add some washing powder with warm water at 40 – 50 ℃, and then soak it with a white cloth. After soaking for a few hours, observe the white color of the water.
Post time: Sep-01-2021